Bernice C. Lee
- Practice Area: Bankruptcy & Commercial Litigation
- Direct Line: 561.443.0821
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Download VCard
Prior to joining Shraiberg, Landau & Page, Bernice served as law clerk to a United States Bankruptcy Court Judge for the Southern District of Florida, and as a judicial intern to a United States District Judge in the District of Massachusetts.
- Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts (J.D., 2008)
- California State University, Fullerton, California (B.A., 2004)
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges NextGeneration, 2016 Class
- Economic Development Advisory Board, Fort Lauderdale, Board Member 2018-2020 Term
- The Florida Bar, Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy, Class IV
- Asian-Pacific American Bar Association of South Florida, President 2017-2018, President-Elect 2016-2017, Professional Committee Chair 2015-2016
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Member
- South Palm Beach County Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Director 2015-2017
Published Works & Speaking Engagements
- Pssst, Can you Keep a Secret? Unperfected “Secret” Liens as a Preference Defense, Vol. XXXVI, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal No. 6 (June 2017), co- author
- Speaker: “Notable Recent Supreme Court Bankruptcy Cases,” Bankruptcy Bar Association of South Florida, June 27, 2018
- Super Lawyers, Florida Rising Star 2015-2018
- Super Lawyers, 2019
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida State Bar
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- In re 160 Royal Palm, LLC, No. 9:19-CV-80343, 2019 WL 1560113 (S.D. Fla. Apr. 10, 2019)
- In re 160 Royal Palm, LLC, No. 18-19441-EPK, 2019 WL 1224600 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. Mar. 14, 2019)
- In re 160 Royal Palm, LLC, No. 18-19441-EPK, 2019 WL 989829 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. Feb. 26, 2019
- TTT Foods Holding Co. LLC v. Namm, 2017 WL 2901329 (S.D. Fla. May 19, 2017)
- TTT Foods Holding Co. LLC v. Namm 2017 WL 4876209 (S.D. Fla. Jan. 19, 2017)
- In re Sigma-Tech Sales, Inc., 570 B.R. 408 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2017)
- In re Tuscany Energy, LLC, 561 B.R. 910 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2016)
- In re Sigma-Tech Sales, Inc., 2016 WL 4224090 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. Aug. 1, 2016)
- In re FFS Data, Inc., 776 F.3d 1299 (11th Cir. 2015)
- In re FFS Data, Inc. 509 B.R. 403 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2014)
- Iberiabank v. Geisen, 506 B.R. 573 (S.D. Fla. 2014)
- In re Levin, 434 B.R. 910 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2010)
Notable Client Work
- Represented defendants in multimillion dollar fraudulent transfer adversary proceeding brought by trustee of Rollaguard Security, LLC, a company alleged to have engaged in massive investor fraud.
- Represented chapter 11 debtor-company in confirming reorganization plan with third party general release in favor of company’s principal and successfully defended challenge to effectiveness of release before the District Court and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented multiple companies in restructuring their debt and administering their assets through Chapter 11 cases and confirmed reorganization plans, including Enclave at Hillsboro, LLC, and seven jointly administered debtors, whose confirmed chapter 11 plan provided for a 100% distribution to creditors and a distribution to equity.
- Represented commercial landlords in all aspects of retail bankruptcy matters, including some of the largest filings in the country such as Toys “R” Us, Claire’s Boutiques, Inc., A’GACI, LLC, Payless Holdings LLC, rue21, Inc., hhgregg, Inc., Sports Authority, and Hancock Fabrics.
- Represented unsecured vendors in all aspects of oil and gas bankruptcy matters, including some of the largest filings in the country such as EXCO Resources, Inc., Badlands Energy, Inc., Linn Operating, Inc., Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation, Swift Energy, Basic Energy, Key Energy Services, Inc., Halcon Resources Corporation, Stone Energy Corp., Ultra Petroleum Corp., Vanguard Operating, LLC, SandRidge Energy and American Eagle Energy
- Represented unsecured vendors in all aspects of aerospace bankruptcy matters, including Republic Airways Holdings, Inc., Aerospace Holdings, Inc., CHC Group Ltd. and The NORDAM Group, Inc.