John E. Page
- Practice Area: Bankruptcy & Commercial Litigation
- Direct Line: 561.443.0819
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download VCard
John E. Page, a certified specialist in business bankruptcy by the American Board of Certification, focuses his practice in the areas of commercial bankruptcy and complex business litigation. He has experience representing a variety of parties in interest in bankruptcy cases including chapter 7, 11 and 12 debtors, creditors’ committees, trustees, landlords, secured and unsecured creditors and purchasers of assets. He has also handled a wide range of business litigation covering financial fraud, contract and shareholder disputes, fraudulent transfers, commercial foreclosures, theft of trade secrets and computer fraud law.
Mr. Page has extensive experience reorganizing troubled companies through out of court workouts, bankruptcy and state court insolvency proceedings. His goal in any matter is obtaining the best economic result for his client, which often means that bankruptcy is the option of last resort. Examples of companies that have benefited from his representation include real estate developers, construction companies, self-storage facilities, consumer goods companies, marinas, boat manufacturers, restaurants and golf courses. He has also successfully confirmed several individual chapter 11 plans of reorganization resulting in clients eliminating millions in debt and restructuring residential and commercial mortgages.
On the creditor side, Mr. Page has aggressively litigated on behalf of creditors in collection matters, contesting chapter 11 plans, obtaining relief from the automatic stay, converting chapter 11 cases to chapter 7 liquidation, prosecuting fraudulent transfer actions, and contesting chapter 7 debtors’ right to a discharge. He has successfully defended creditors in preference and fraudulent transfer proceedings nationally.
Mr. Page is also an approved Bankruptcy Court and Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil mediator. Understanding that litigation is a win/lose situation, he is a proponent of the mediation process and skilled at facilitating mutually acceptable solutions to business disputes.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Page served as a law clerk to the Honorable Paul G. Hyman, Jr., of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Miami Law Review, 2004
- George Washington University, B.S. Economics, summa cum laude, 2001
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida, (Director 2008-2011)
- Broward County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association, (Bankruptcy Committee Chair: 2013 – present, Young Lawyers Section Director, Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President: 2013 – present)
- Turnaround Management Association, Florida Chapter
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Bar and Court Admissions
- The Florida Bar, 2004
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2006
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2009
- In re Sigma-Tech Sales, Inc., 570 B.R. 408 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2017)
- TTT Foods Holding Company, LLC v. Beatrice Namm, 2017 WL 2901329 (S.D. Fla. May 19, 2017)
- In re Sigma-Tech Sales, Inc., 2016 WL 4224090 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. Aug. 1, 2016)
- In re Piper Aircraft Corporation, 2015 WL 5064067 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. Aug. 25, 2015)
- In re WVF Acquisition, LLC, 420 B.R. 902 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2009)
- In re Mercedes Homes, Inc., 431 B.R. 869 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2009)
- In re Sherwin, 388 B.R. 411 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2008)
- In re Alternate Family Care, 377 B.R. 754 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2007)
Awards and Recognitions
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2010-2017
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, 2013